Technical Lead/Senior Java Developer
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Senior Java Developer/Technical Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Springfield, VA. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel. This role will include leading and mentoring software developers, testers, operations specialists, and database specialists throughout the full lifecycle development. All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership – Lead, coach, task manage, technical plan, and mentor team members and more junior engineers.
- Implementation Support - Design, plan, and set up applications - in a Unix/Linux and Windows VM environment to ensure performance and data availability.
- Application Maintenance – Apply required updates and patches.
- Performance Management - Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection.
- Help Desk Assistance – Address help desk requests for incident resolution, problem determination, and root-cause analysis of applications issues causing outage or performance degradation.
- Operations Support – Available for occasional off-hours support
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD
- Must have an active or able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
- This role will require hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies: Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, Struts, and Hibernate; Oracle Database technologies and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic.
- Knowledge of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project
- Experience with Atlassian toolsets, including JIRA and Confluence
- Experience developing web services for an operational/production environment
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
- Experience coordinating the activities of multiple teams and supporting project reviews
- Must be a team player, self motivated, self starter and a quick learner
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 7 years' experience supporting Oracle application and database environments.
- Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo.
- Proven technical leadership experience
- Prior experience with CBP
- Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Product Owner desired with Scrum and or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe) experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top