Technical Editor and Writer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
This is a level 2 opportunity. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree; or 1 year experience with Masters Degree. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 7 years of relevant experience in a related field
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Full knowledge of industry practices. Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform fairly complex professional tasks
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, specifications, and system description documents.
- Be able to write in XML.
- Must have the ability to obtain an active secret DoD clearance before start within 365 days of acceptance and maintain.
- Ability to obtain special program access within 365 days.
- Experience with the Eagle/EPS publishing system
- Experience in utilizing the USAF Flight Manual or Maintenance Manual change process
- Experience writing in XML/S1000D International Specification for Technical Publications/IETM/Data Module writing (Arbortext, EAGLE, SMetal, or similar program)
- At least 4 years experience as an air vehicle operator or maintainer.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top