Technical Editor and Writer
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Technical Editor and Writer 2 to work on a large Program in Landover, MD. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Management (DM) team supporting a development and maintenance Program.
Successful candidates will have excellent communications and interpersonal skills, be proactive, possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, and be self-motivated.
- Edit documents to ensure compliance with style, design, layout, specification, and grammar and spelling requirements.
- Edit , format, and maintain documents including, but not limited to program plans, system test reports, procedures, design documentation, requirements, user manuals, training materials, presentations, meeting minutes and reports.
- Collaborate with authors, assigned stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gain better understanding of subject matter.
- Must be U.S. citizen with a current Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in MS Office Suite with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Skills must include ability to create and modify styles, forms, and templates.
- Minimum of 2 years' technical editing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related discipline preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to identify and use of proper grammar.
- Expert knowledge on MS Office Products.
- Experience with ClearCase or other version control system.
- Experience with Visio.
- Proven ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Back to top