Technical Editor and Writer 2
Writes, rewrites and/or edits both technical documents and public relations and journalistic-oriented articles and stories.
Technical writing would include technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals,operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
Journalistic and public relations writing would include news releases, profile and feature writing, event coverage, and product marketing material.
Candidate should be well versed in working with subject matter experts and reviewing source material to gather required information for writing technical documents and corporate articles. In addition, the candidate would report on corporate events, take photos, and acquire photo releases. Candidate should also be experienced and capable of interviewing a wide range of journalistic subjects and writing in clear journalistic format, including the inverted pyramid and feature styles
- 2 Years related experience with Bachelors; 1 Years with Masters.
- Must have excellent technical and journalistic writing skills with a focus on accuracy and consistency of both technical information and documentation layout.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who is deadline-driven. Writer will be responsible for all phases of document generation (i.e., researching, writing,customer verification, incorporating verification updates, and delivery via approved processes).
- Qualifications include: (1) Experience with layout and design and graphic tools (2) experience with social media toos and creative communication models (3) experience with training development (4) experience and ability with public relations and event photography
- Experience with Visio, AutoCAD,Solidworks, 3-D Modeling,and/or S1000D are a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top