Technical Editor and Writer 1
We are seeking a Technical Writer in to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC). The Database Developer is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to ensure the infrastructure operations.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Ensures content is of high quality and conforms with standards.
- B.S. degree 5 years' experience
- Ability to produce and/or update documentation using Adobe and Microsoft tools.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation using Adobe tools, MS Word, and Excel.
- Work in a team environment and negotiate solutions among functional groups.
- Interpret and follow written technical instructions and procedures, as well as the ability to work in a team environment with government customers and other contractors.
- Strong communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Active Secret
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Active Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top