Targeting Officer ( Targeter ) / SSO - ACTIVE POLY REQUIRED
At Northrop Grumman, our employees are driven by a purpose and mission to secure the world. We are searching for candidates who are passionate about advanced technology and equipment, but more so about what the technology can do and whom it can protect. From families to the intelligence community, from our climate to our men and women in uniform, we're working together to make the world a safer place. Across our career areas and around the globe, we see the impact our work has on the world every day. If you want to join a team committed to excellence and making a difference, apply today. Let's do work that matters together.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking several experienced Targeting Officers to support a client's operational requirements on a mission focused program within a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Successful candidates in this position will collaborate with a diverse group of individuals across the intelligence community and directly contribute to processes that shape government policy. Targeters conduct in-depth research, perform rigorous time sensitive analysis, and distill this analysis into actionable insights. You will collaborate with peers and partners worldwide in support of operational activity related to your research.
These positions will be located in the Chantilly and McLean, Virginia area and are contingent on contract award. An active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required, there is no exception to the clearance requirement.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with many other professionals and you will be a direct contributor to the IC.
- Perform All Source research and analysis utilizing customer specific tools and databases, and will be responsible for providing technical reports.
- Identify and evaluate possible counterintelligence concerns, provide written products and briefings and produce detailed targeting packages.
Responsibilities of Targeting Officers include:
- The execution of collection operations and providing subject matter expertise and guidance to customer leadership.
- Create, read and process all - source intelligence, including the ability to conduct research, analysis, reports from all disciplines (HUMINT, SIGINT and Technical data).
- Present research and briefing senior level managers quickly and thoroughly and be able to react to a highly fluid environment.
- Recall details acquired over time and effectively tie those details into an ever continuing storyline.
- Actively produce collection, develop strategies, engage leadership and implement plans.
- Manage multiple research projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor of Science or 5 additional years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree (within the sponsor's organization or other relevant organization(s) in the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Be able to communicate details clearly and effectively verbally as well as in writing
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively follow-through and manage status reporting and scheduling
- Ability to simultaneously manipulate multiple sets of data to derive inputs for targeting packages
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community in general
- Ability to work in a fluid and challenging environment with the ability to handle stressful situations
- Potential for TDY travel
- Ability to perform shift work
- Position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Familiarity with various Intelligence Community partners and their operations
- Experience and understanding of research, analysis and use of tools specific to the end customer is highly desirable.
- Experience in All-Source analysis
- Knowledge of customer's report writing standards and experience writing IC-related documents
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top