Talent Acquisition Manager (Palmdale)
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is searching for a dynamic people leader with a passion for Talent Acquisition. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of motivating and managing a high performance recruiting team, delivering superior results through a consultative approach, and be accustomed to using data to make impactful business decisions.
The Manager of Talent Acquisition will lead a team of up to 15 Talent Acquisition professionals located in Palmdale, CA, who are responsible for recruiting both technical and non-technical talent for the Aerospace Systems sector.
The ideal candidate will have hands on experience working in a transformational environment and will have a strong ability to lead and influence both internal and external customers. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to inspire confidence and build relationships will be critical. An in depth understanding of the strategic hiring processes, high volume recruiting, compliance, large scale recruiting management, and key recruiting metrics are essential competencies for this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: leading and driving high volume recruiting for the Talent Lab environment, mentoring, training, measuring and providing regular feedback and coaching, managing metrics/compliance obligations and building cross functional relationships.
In this highly visible and impactful role, this Manager of Talent Acquisition and will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
- Analyze and understand the changing business needs, and competitive landscape, and develop strategies to meet program talent needs.
- Identify trends, formulate and execute action plans to address issues through proactive training, turnover and retention strategies, career development, and other methods.
- Work with leadership on defining job scope changes, organizational realignments and other change management initiatives (i.e. reductions in force, mergers and acquisitions and other workforce actions).
- Partner with compensation team for year-end compensation planning process, final approvals on job evaluations, compensation analysis and recommendations for equity adjustments.
- Develop and/or improve upon competency models. Provide leaders with ongoing consultation and coaching on performance management tools and solutions.
- Work to ensure hiring manager readiness and accountability to hire and partner with staffing
- Ability to understand and articulate client’s requirements, culture and other compatibility issues that are critical to making a successful hire
- Routinely advises team members on applying a business mindset to the talent acquisition function
- Assists the team in making connections between all talent phases (acquisition, development, retention)
- Leverages data to improve team member and hiring manager staffing performance
- Regularly leverages market intelligence to develop and execute staffing strategies
- Successfully blends diversity, regulatory requirements and business strategy in the recruiting process
- Demonstrates uncompromising ethical standards, integrity and respect for people
- Proactively partners with TA leader peers to ensure consistency in governing teams and processes
- Influences hiring managers, executives, candidates and peers by developing credible and trusting relationships
- Effectively leverages compensation, employee relation and business partners when advising the business
- Routinely leverages metrics when advising managers, recruiter performance and department processes
- Operates with a high sense of urgency (action-oriented)
- Constructively pushes back and/or conducts crucial conversations with hiring managers
- Drive strong recruitment efforts through solid account management, recruitment process adoption
- Serves as a department change agent (first to adopt and advocate for new direction)
- Coaches team members how to effectively conduct crucial conversations with candidates/ hiring managers
- Routinely provides performance feedback while co-facilitating annual reviews with the department managers
- Participates in the hiring, training and development of new hires
- Regularly partners with Recruiting Assistant team to foster high cross team collaboration
- Consistently promotes and adheres to compliance, diversity and talent acquisition processes
- Routinely identifies and implements long-term solutions to program, policy and process challenges
- Proactively identifies opportunities to operationalize processes, reduce costs and mitigate risks
- Proactively validates team member data (always ensuring integrity of values captured)
- Effectively partners with sourcing team to ensure pipeline targets meet business objectives
- Ensure Talent Acquisition team is utilizing ATS efficiently while driving and maintaining OFCCP guidelines. Drive consistency of all policies and procedures for Talent Acquisition team are consistent with the business needs.
Assessment and Selection:
- Serves as a subject matter expert to effectively assess candidates (via in-person or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit
- Quickly synthesizes candidate and hiring manager feedback (teaches the team to actively listen)
- Routinely pre-closes candidates and mentors staff on effective closing techniques
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organization Effectiveness, or related discipline).
- Minimum 8 years Talent Acquisition experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory / leadership capacity
- Comprehensive understanding of OFCCP compliance
- Experience leading a team of 10 people
- Hands on experience working in a transformational environment
- Contemporary knowledge and understanding of core recruiting metrics
- Ability to travel as necessary, up to 25%
- Previous experience in both agency and corporate recruiting strongly preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top