Systems/Mechanical Test Engineer
The Specialty Test Team has several openings for qualified Structural Test Engineers with Design Experience. The selected candidate must poses the skills and experience that will enable him to execute in the capacity of a Test
Engineer as well as a Mechanical Design Engineer. The Specialty Test Team is part of the Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) within Northrop Grumman, Aerospace Systems.
Selected candidates are expected to perform the following:
• Interpret Test Requirements and Co-Author and publish Test Procedures.
• Plan and arrange the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating Flight and R&D hardware.
• Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
• Maintain metrics on status of testing and constraints.
Designer/ Mechanical Engineer:
• Participate in design/test criteria reviews with Internal Customers, Vendors, Test Engineering, EHS and Facilities
• Evaluate design factors taking into account ease manufacturing, cost, safety, maintenance and end user.
• Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements.
• Analyze damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling
This position requires strong written and oral communications skills as well as a team centric approach to problem solving.
Candidate will be working under the guidance of senior engineering personnel and must be willing and able to follow directions and execute with minimal oversight. Work well in a large team environment as well as an individual contributor.
Candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
• STEM BS Degree plus 2 yr. experience in test operations.
• Must have an active in-scope DoD Secret clearance
• Must be able to obtain and maintain PAR
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts/overtime
• CAD experience
• Willing/Capable of Learning NX10 and GD&T
• Secret clearance within 5 yr. scope
• Structural Test experience, Multiple disciplines
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Current PAR
• Extensive NX10 and GD&T experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top