Systems Trainer 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Trainer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position can be filled in either Fairfax, VA, or Aurora, CO. The qualified Trainer must be self-motivated, hardworking and capable of identifying training needs and developing training material on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, test and deployment. The candidate must identify how their tasks fit within the overall program training and operational objectives and perform their work accordingly. The mid-level Trainer will have the opportunity to engage with NGC leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide training information for the program.
The candidate will support an Operation & Maintenance program located across various geographic locations in order to perform in a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers, and be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify specific training needs and develop solutions. Coordinating the development of training aids, as required.
- Creating and analyzing assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain training documentation to include the plan of instruction, adult-level instructor-based and web-based training curriculum materials, job performance support aids, operational guides, evaluation tools, and a methodology for to sustaining training throughout the lifecycle of the operational system.
- Conduct Training Sessions
- Define operator training paths and track operator's course completion status.
- Revise lesson plans to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date.
The position is normally day shift hours, but periodic intervals during training and testing activities where the ability to work odd and/or extended hours covering a 24 x 7 period may be required.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled at a grade 3 or 4.
Basic qualifications for a level 3:
Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Master's Degree with 4 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Basic qualifications for a level 4:
Bachelor's degree with 10 years of relevant experience, Master's degree with 8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Basic qualifications for a level 3 and 4:
- US Citizenship required. An active TS/SCI clearance required.
- Five or more years of experience in online learning, instructional design, web-based technology, course design, and online course development to meet existing and emergent training needs.
- Development of training modules using Adobe Captivate.
- Train the Trainer experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders including factory engineers, management, sub-contractors, trainees and the customer.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills along with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Development of training modules using video equipment and software
- Experienced Instructor
- Experienced training course developer
- Operational background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top