Systems Test Engineert 1
Are you a motivated self-starter who is interested in strong growth potential in a technically challenging environment?
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the equipment providers. Our expertise extends from designing and developing Software defined Radios, to integrating COTS equipment to achieve the optimal
solution for our customers.
Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations. Collaborates with other engineering Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications, test plans, and test procedures. Collaborates on the preparation of formal test reports. Works both individually and in a team environment.
This position in test will perform the following duties:
Support component and system test, including hardware, software, suppliers and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
Provides coordination and focus for engineers from other groups involved in test
Provides coordination point for systems test and assists individual projects with their test tasks, including System Integration Lab (SIL) test support
System test on aircraft: Test Team may deploy integrators/testers to various projects for special assignments such as integrating and testing systems on aircraft at CONUS/OCONUS locations.
System test in government/military test facilities: Test Team may deploy integrators/testers to various
projects for special assignments such as testing payloads in government/military test facilities.
This position may work non standard schedules such as extended hours or weekends, as required, by leadership.
The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Engineering organization, in matrix with the Communications Business Unit, where our team of communications systems experts is developing next generation radios and networks for our armed forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
The Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector is located on multiple campuses in San Diego, California.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
BS in engineering in STEM field with a minimum of 0 years experience
Familiarity in the following:
- Tactical Data Links such as IFDL, MADL, LINK 16,
- Configuring and troubleshooting networks
- System level test
- Tactical radios / data link terminals such as PRC 117, PSC 5, Freedom 550, MIDS LVT or MIDS JTRS, ARC 210, SADL/EPLRS
- Radio waveforms such as UHF/VHF LOS, SINCGARS, Have Quick, SATURN, ANW2, SATCOM IW, legacy DAMA & Dedicated SATCOM, MUOS, and TCDL
- Tactical Data Links such as JREAP, SAT J, VMF, SADL, EPLRS and CoT
- System Administration of LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Aircraft communication system integration and communications flight test support
- Aircraft communication systems integration and communications flight test support
- Experience with test tools such as TIGER, GM, BOSS, LMS, JRE, NSITE, ADSI, VTT, Amp GUI, SADL Host Driver
- Systems engineering "V" model
- Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government military faciltiies
- Experience with aircraft military combat ID system such as Mode 4 and Mode 5
Back to top