Systems Test Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support on-aircraft / laboratory ground integration and flight test execution
- Responsible for on-aircraft system initialization and shutdown.
- Real-time monitoring of essential ground support equipment
- Generation of operational procedures and execution of integrated testing
- Responsibilities may require in-flight support to meet task objectives
- Work will be reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Qualifying candidates must be able to work complex technical problems, provide meaningful solutions, and act as a consultant to management in terms of direction to be taken and in the pursuing of courses of action
- Works under general supervision. General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
- Good writing and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with a multidisciplinary Integrated Product Teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2+ years' experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Military Aircraft DoD programs experience
- DoD 8570 Security+ Certification
- Familiar with common avionics protocols,MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 419, RS-232/485,etc
- System Design behavior analysis academic or work-related experience
- Ability to obtain a Class 3 medical certification for aircraft flight event support
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most posi
Back to top