Systems Test Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently looking for a multi-disciplined engineer that has familiarity with reviewing system requirements and creating test plans and test procedures based on those requirements. The engineer will perform electrical integration, ambient functional tests and system performance tests (in a thermal vacuum environment). In the course of testing, the engineer will be involved in troubleshooting HW/SW issues. The engineer will conduct customer presentations such as Test Readiness Reviews and Data Reviews. At the end of the tests, the engineer will write test reports. The engineer will need to support multiple shifts during 24/7 test events.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in test engineering
- Electrical Integration and Test Product Development (ability to generate and/or modify test plans, and procedures)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find possible root causes related to test equipment, unit under test, test procedures
- Ability to provide accurate and concise status reports
- Ability to support multiple shifts during 24/7 test events
- Active DoD Secret clearance must be held and maintained. (U.S. Citizenship is required and interim clearances are acceptable)
- Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Ability to apply electrical engineering principles in reviewing electrical schematics to define electrical integration test, design, test plan and procedures for a system-level test activity
- RF Test background
- Basic Thermal Environment understanding
- Basic electrical engineering understanding (voltage, current, and Resistance)
- Environmental Test knowledge (basic environmental test operations knowledge, PLC/Ladder Logic)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top