Systems Test Engineer 3 - Aircraft Structures
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation(SIT&E) division for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an experienced engineer to design, develop and implement testing methods and equipment in large-scale structural test of manned and unmanned aircraft. Along with the lead test engineer you will gather structural test requirements and develop structural test plans
Structural Analyst: Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil or equivalent with knowledge and experience of static and dynamic structural analysis.
- Structural analysis, finite element modeling for both stress and dynamic analysis of large scale structural test components
- Applicant must have a complete understanding of and wide application of technical principles and be able to provide solutions to complex difficult problems.
- Coordinate closely with other program IPT's to determine test load conditions and magnitudes.
- Position requires preparation and presentation of reports, briefings, and interface with internal and external customers.
- Perform test planning, test support, and technical analysis of test data. Perform cooperatively as a team member.
- BS degree with a STEM focus plus 5 years' engineering experience OR MS degree in STEM plus 3 years' engineering experience
- DoD Secret Clearance with periodic review within 5 years required to start
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- Must be able to travel to off-site locations as required
- Programming skills in EXCEL, MATLAB, or equivalent
- Experience in test and integration engineering role
- Active SAP clearance or Top Secret/SSBI
- Proficiency in numerical tools such as ABAQUS, FEMAP and/or NASTRAN
- Code development skills including FORTRAN, C, MATLAB and Python.
- Experience working on large-scale structural testing of aircraft
- Familiarity with measurement systems, equipment, sensors, etc
- Experience with hydraulic power, actuators and systems in load application
- Experience in test design reviews, test reviews, reports etc.
- Familiarity with FAR compliance
- Experience in a test engineering environment
- MS in STEM degree preferred
- 5 years experience in Test engineering role
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top