Systems Support (CONUS and OCONUS) - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Functions as the primary interface to operations for real-time detection, isolation and resolution of ground segment problems.
- Acts as the main focal point for identifying, evaluating and correcting network and/or critical system issues and restoring operations as quickly as possible.
- Coordinates resources across a vast, multi-location enterprise and interfaces with users, engineers and customers to determine the best course of action.
- May be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and executing preventative maintenance activities.
- May perform system backups which include backing up applications, software and operating systems. Some system administrative duties may include system tuning, modifications to authorized user lists and user profiles, file system maintenance, security hardening and technical support to operations. Engineers also create documentation for incident logging and/or create standard operating procedures for system restoration.
- Frequent collaboration with other engineering groups across multiple locations is required.
- Provides necessary mentorship, guidance and training to new engineers.
- Candidate will occupy a highly-visible position with direct input into problem resolution and Enterprise Management processes.
- Occasional call-in support may be required.
- Possibility of CONUS and OCONUS assignments.
- Bachelor in Science with 0-2 ( ) years system administration experience OR 4 ( ) years or experience in lieu of a degree.
- Able to obtain and hold a TS/SCI. Must be willing to take a Polygraph.
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Management Systems to include HP OpenView and CA based Concord.
- Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crewbased actions and response.
- Independent thinker, able to ascertain source of system problem(s) and recommend/implement changes that improve process efficiencies. Cognizant of troubleshooting procedures and ability to know when deviation from standard practices is necessary.
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A , Network and/or Security ) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before starting employment. Applicants without an IAT Level 1 or 2 certification may still be eligible for a contingency offer.
- BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited college with 0 ( ) years' relevant experience.
- Basic UNIX/Linux command level knowledge desired that can be applied to troubleshooting and maintaining systems operability.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph (SSBI date within the last 4 years. Poly within the last 4 years).
- DOD 8570-1M compliant as an IAT Level 1 or higher.
- Preferred OCONUS assignment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top