Systems Software Analyst 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Mission Command Training Program (MCTP) System Software Analyst plan, design, and oversee the execution of models and simulations, US Army Mission Command Systems (AMCS), and collaborative tools and services support to Army Warfighter Exercises (WFX). They install, configure, integrate, and administer the Army's Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) models and simulations, including the Warfighters' Simulation (WARSIM) and its sub-components, and Army tactical servers and workstations; and perform systems integration tests between the simulation and tactical systems. The System Software Analyst prepare, build, and maintain domains, systems, and services specifically targeted to support the customer's management functions during training exercises. They analyze hardware and software system capabilities against customer requirements, and develop approaches using on-hand resources to fulfill those requirements. The System Software Analyst also research existing and emerging technical products, programs, and systems to advise and guide the customer toward attaining technological solutions to problems. In concert with their operational functions during an exercise, the technical services engineers troubleshoot and or modify the Army's hardware and software to meet requirements. They apply technical, functional, and operational expertise to assist the customer with the prioritization of software change requests and purchase requests. The System Software Analyst also develop procedures to ensure the use of all Government-provided technology is in conformance with information security and assurance directives.
Analyzes, enhances, installs, tests and modifies enterprise-wide operating systems for both new and existing systems. Develops requirements, workflow and systems analysis. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities. Establishes standards for development and maintenance of new and existing products.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university, additional experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Minimum two years of general computer system engineering experience
- MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access) operational proficiency
- System engineering or administration proficiency with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 r2, Active Directory, Windows SQL Server 2008 r2, Linux Commands, and Symantec Ghost Server
- Ability to diagnose Windows Server 2008 r2, Windows 7, and Active Directory errors to isolate and correct software configuration or compatibility issues
- Current CompTIA A , Security , or Network certification
- Security: Must have, or be able to obtain, a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance. Some positions require a higher level of clearance
- Current Secret security clearance
- Knowledge of and firsthand experience with Army organizations and or Army constructive models and simulations
- One or more years experience administering a Microsoft Domain Controller, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Linux or Sun Solaris server, and two or more current Microsoft or Linux-based certifications
- Leadership experience with teams and projects
- Conversant in networking principles, practices, protocols, routing, and network packet analysis tools; and able to perform network configuration of Windows Server 2008 and Linux operating systems
- Other: Continuing education in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)/Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) computing environments is an ongoing, after hire requirement.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top