Systems Safety Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization has multiple openings for qualified applicants in the area of System Safety.
Perform System Safety and Software Safety tasks. This includes the performance of System Safety analyses to identify, track, and control potential safety hazards that may impact the safety of personnel, air vehicles, or equipment. Responsibilities include performance of Hazard Analyses, Fault Tree Analyses, and review of safety assessments and engineering designs for compliance with established safety criteria. Perform Software Hazard Analysis, including review of software requirements specifications, safety-critical software systems, change requests, and peer reviews. Maintain and execute the program software safety and essential function plans.
Familiarity with electronic systems and circuits and/or mechanical systems is required. The ideal candidate would possess a basic knowledge of aircraft concepts and operations, and have experience in the design and development of military aircraft systems, including avionics. Position also requires ability, knowledge and skills in software concept, architecture, requirements, design, code, and test analyses techniques necessary to support safety critical systems/subsystems.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or Physics
- 6 years of System Safety, Software Safety, or Software Engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Direct experience in Mechanical Design, Structural Analysis, Electrical Design, Software Programming, Risk Analysis, Aerospace projects (UAV or micro satellite).
- Active, In scope DOD Secret clearance
- MS in Engineering, Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or Physics
- Familiarity with Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis, DO-178 and MIL-STD-882
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills;
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Active, In scope DOD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top