Systems Requirements Engineer 4: TS/SCI/Poly
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Requirements Engineer 4. This position is located in Chantilly, Va.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? If so, there is an opportunity for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman that are utilizing cloud technology to develop mission enhancing solutions.
The Systems Requirements Engineer must be aware of all activities associated with the design, configuration, qualification, certification, security features, operation, and requirements of the product/project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Analyze and study complex system requirements
Consult customers, visit workplaces or conduct surveys to determine present and future user needs.
Ensure coordination and information flow occurs between all programs and organizational managers
Contribute toward established functional and technical specifications and standards,
Identify requirements to solve hardware and software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire systems or subsystem.
Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
Monitor system performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine what requirements will need to be made in the future.
Assist in the preparation of status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system test and evaluation
Enable requirements traceability within program documents, and the overall computing environment and architecture.
Assist in the identification of changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
Work with other engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 9 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required to start
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
* Demonstrated experience with project tracking tools (i.e.,: Jira, Microsoft Project)
* 1-3 years experience working with the Agile methodology
* 1-2 years demonstrated experience briefing complex topics or programs
* Familiar with processes or approaches for deriving technical and functional requirements for systems
* Understanding of basic C2S services
* Experience working in cloud or virtual environments
* Experience with analytic applications
* Experience working environments with close customer collaboration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top