Systems Reliability Engineer/ Principal Systems Reliability Engineer
- Annapolis, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) Department at Northrop Grumman Undersea Systems located in Annapolis, MD is seeking a system reliability engineer. The successful candidate will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team to deliver complex mechanical, electrical, and/or optical systems for use in the subsea / maritime environment. We are looking for an individual with reliability experience at any skill level (junior to most senior). Please consider applying no matter your skill level.
In this position you will:
- Apply reliability centered principles to help ensure the reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) of existing, new, and modified equipment
- Conduct a variety of Reliability analyses including reliability modeling and predictions, trade studies, and Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Identify hardware reliability issues and collaborate to develop and implement mitigation strategies
- Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of vendor equipment;
- Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
- Participate in the final check-out of new designs
- Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact site operations
- Provide inputs to and present current status/findings at major program milestone reviews and internal meetings
Back to top