Systems/ Principal Systems Administrator
- San Diego, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission
We are looking for you to join our team as a Systems Administrator based out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Sector, Communications Division, Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) Operating Unit is seeking a Systems Administrator to support various RNS programs. The successful candidate must have the ability to solve technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned primarily focused on Linux and VMware ESXi. This systems administrator will be expected to maintain and support the design, development, and testing of program computing assets. This position requires knowledge of Red Hat Linux and VMware ESXi administration, BIND/DNS management, LDAP administration, backup technology, and network connectivity. Experience with implementation of DoD Cyber Security requirements is highly desired.
The position also requires the ability to support design, development, and testing of Intel based computers as well as troubleshooting BIOS issues, working daily with RAID arrays, cabling, and chassis hardware. A working knowledge of, and experience with IP networking and general computing is a plus.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the requirements below.
This position may be filled as a Systems or Principal Systems Administrator.
Basic Qualifications for Systems Administrator:
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of related experience; 1 Year with Masters; may consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of related experience; 4 Year with Masters; may consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux and/or VMware ESXi systems including installation and configuration of the operating system, User administration, backup and restoration, and troubleshooting functional issues
- Operational experience with LDAP, DNS, and database services.
- Knowledge of BASH/PERL scripting.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and Visio.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Knowledge of Windows management
- Knowledge of Windows LDAP, VMWare, and SAN storage systems.
- Knowledge of Python and Powershell scripting.
- Red Hat, Linux+ or similar certification
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
- Experience with creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification including a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top