Systems Planner 2/3
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile
team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking experienced Systems Planners within our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The positions are located in Fairfax, VA. The qualified Planner(s) must be self-motivated, hardworking
and capable of providing planning and targeting support to integrate and synchronize operations and exercises on an agile program. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly difficult and complex problems,
utilizing ingenuity, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidates must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program operational objectives and perform their work
accordingly. The junior and/or mid-level Systems Planner(s) will have the opportunity to engage with NGC leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide operational planning information for the program. The candidate will support an off-site System and Operation & Maintenance program located in various geographic locations to perform in a team of cross-discipline specialty engineers, and be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
- Employ the use of operations theory and tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Plan and schedule activities for the operation of a complex real-time system.
- Manage tasking priorities to provide de-confliction of assets and resources for 24/7 operational systems.
- Support re-planning for contingency and emergency operations.
- Work within a dynamic team environment across multiple platforms and computing systems.
The positions are for various shifts, in support of 24/7 operations. Initial work will begin during ‘normal day shift hours,’ but will transition to shift work. Shift work will be required during training and testing activities, as well as operations. The
candidates should be prepared to work different shifts when required.
This position may be filled as either a level 2 or 3.
Basic qualifications for level 2:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of experience, Master’s Degree with 0 years of
Basic qualifications for level 3:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience, Master’s Degree with 0 years of
Basic qualifications for level 2 and 3:
- Two or more years of experience in a planning complex activities in an IT environment.
Four years experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated experience in high tempo operational environments.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office applications (e.g., Project, Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Strong verbal/written communication skills along with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- US Citizenship required. An active TS/SCI w/poly clearance required
- Experience Creating and Troubleshooting execution tools.
- Experience with various graphical user interfaces used to plan test activities.
- Experience with .cshrc, Visual Basic, and Python scripting.
- Possess a working knowledge of operations theory; employment; and tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Familiarity with security policy and execution.
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders including engineers, management, sub-contractors, crews and the customer.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills along with the ability to work well within a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top