Systems Operations Specialist/AWS Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 4 to help lead the engineering, integration, and operations of applications in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. This position is located in Fairfax, Va.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and a general application of concepts, and principles.
- Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks, develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Demonstrable Enterprise Architecture planning and design skillsRefers to policies and best practices for guidance.
- Amazon Two-Step Verification
- Experience with migrations to the Cloud, from both Physical & Virtual environments
- Provide AWS Administrator support for the Sponsor's AWS-hosted infrastructure and applications services including resource provisioning / configuration / monitoring and break/fix resolution across the Sponsor's environments
- Ability to support network and system risk assessment and to support network and system security planning and documentation.
- Ability to support enterprise database environments
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4 are:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimum of 9 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have a minimum Secret Clearance
- Must have previous experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Translating technical concepts and program information to others
- Performing technical planning
- System integration
- Verification and Validation
- Cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- AWS Solutions Architect or similar AWS Certification
- Two or more years' experience working with systems hosted on Cloud platforms
- Experience leading technical planning and system integration workflows and methods
- Solid understanding of planning, design, and implementation tasks necessary to support a large enterprise system.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top