Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) Engineer 5
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) engineer to support test and verification activities supporting programs within the Advanced Concepts and Technologies and Airborne C4ISR Systems Business Division in Baltimore, Maryland.
Qualified SI&T engineers will :
- Perform hands-on integration and testing of sophisticated RF sensor systems and secure processors, including both hardware and software components in development and production environments
- Synthesize internal and external customer needs and requirements into component and system tests that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints
- Participate in the development and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for verifying system requirements
- Participate in I&T readiness reviews, design reviews and conducts audits of I&T program facilities
- Coordinate integrated testing activities that may include environmental, reliability and the occasional flight test
- Review and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program
- Perform analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive reports
- Use modeling and simulation tools to expedite testing of individual units before all system components are available and for troubleshooting and repair of failed units.
In addition the successful candidate must have experience of leading all phases of Integration and Test, extensive knowledge of cybersecurity, mission risk analysis, customer intimacy and full stack development. The SI&T Engineer 5 is a technical leadership role and successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Ability to apply technical expertise consistent with formal education, and holds some knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Can develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Can perform work without appreciable direction as well as under the direction of more senior staff.
- Desire to aid the successful completion of major programs and may function in a team leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve
- Strong leadership that is able to guide development of advanced technologies and System Preliminary Designs into current and future products. Actions result in achieving critical objectives and/or enhancing technological capabilities.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations for major program reviews. Takes principal responsibility for integrating and writing major sections of deliverable documentation and/or new business proposals. Develops and presents papers for technical publications and conferences
This position may require the flexibility to support assignments on multiple shifts at customer on-site support, and reliability 24/7 testing.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related technical curriculum with at least 14 years of relevant SI&T experience.
- Solid understanding of embedded systems.
- Developing/programming skills with shell scripting experience especially in Python and C
- Technical ability in a lab based integration and test environment
- Working knowledge of RF based test equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Must have active Secret clearance or higher.
- Software/language Skills (all or some)
- C and/or C#
- Application and Operating Systems (development)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top