Systems Engineers- All Levels- Secret
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering, Integration and Test team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer.
What You'll get to Do:
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources. Supporting requirements development and functional allocation to hardware, software, operator and other segments and components of the system. Participating in system requirements reviews and creating and/or updating requirement specifications and technical documentation. Reviewing system engineering documentation to ensure specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete.
- Supporting the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing, and performing analysis of integration results to assess system impacts.
- Developing systems engineering artifacts as part of requirements management to include ICDs, system/component specifications, use cases, etc.
- Participating in project technical risk analysis and mitigation.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related discipline
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Algorithm development using STK, MatLAB, S-code or similar tools
- Requirements management software experience using DOORS or Enterprise Architect
- Missile defense related domains: engagement management/track management/sensor management
- Ansible experience
- Agile experience
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
*Note: This requisition and position description below does not represent all current openings but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that exist or frequently become available, and candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman as well.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top