Systems Engineering Manager
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Systems Engineering Manager in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S). We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to lead a team of systems engineers and ensure quality engineering support to programs, IRADs, CRADs, and new business pursuits.
- Responsibilities include day-to-day communications, employee engagement, performance management, career development, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues.
- Other responsibilities include support of college and intern recruiting, development and advancement of engineering practices, identification of skill gaps, and increasing engineering competencies through strategic hiring and employee skills development.
- The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance.
- Track record as an effective collaborator, communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Gain experience developing capabilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities.
- Ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the organization as required to accomplish the team goals.
- Work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers.
- The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- The position is located in Huntsville, AL with travel to company and customer sites required up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Field
- 6 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems Engineering, Integration and Test engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles
Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools
- Active secret clearance required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- MS Engineering or MBA
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments
- Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top