Systems Engineering Manager 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Systems Engineering Manager Level 3 position in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) as a Section Manager to lead the program Engineering Managers/Leads organization for our Aurora, CO location.
This position is responsible for providing the people, processes and tools to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the NGMS portfolio. This role will provide the technical and people leadership needed to establish and maintain a World class Engineering organization in Aurora, Colorado, across multiple business Operating Units and programs. This role will have overall responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions for programs and research and development. Responsibilities include; managing budgets required to perform their statements of work; provide functional oversight across the greater Colorado area including independent technical reviews of major programs and R&D projects as well as organizational budget management; establish and maintain the discipline specific processes and tools for NGMS programs; facilitate and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization. The position will champion consistency across the all Engineering disciplines working closely with the Program and Portfolio Managers from all business Operating Units in Aurora, as well as with peer Managers across the other Colorado locations (Boulder, Colorado Springs, and Schriever AFB) to ensure that process compliance, common tools and, training/skill development through all levels of the organization support successful program execution. As a key leader, the role will require developed technical trouble-shooting and root cause analysis skills with successful performance in bringing broader cross-discipline systems thinking to problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. In this role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team.
The position is located in Aurora, CO with occasional local travel to company and customer sites up and down the Front Range in Colorado and travel outside of the local area less than 10%. This is a 20% management activity with direct charge to programs required for the remaining time.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline.
- 7 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems, Software/Firmware, Hardware, Cyber, or Field engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles.
- Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools.
- Must have proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance (required).
- Program/Project Management experience.
- Experience in successful organization startups and experience in effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations.
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary with knowledge and experience within either the Space ISR or the Missile Defense and Protective Systems Divisions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top