Systems Engineering Manager 2 - Virtualization Servers & Cloud (TS/SCI)
- Redondo Beach, CA
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what's possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don't know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation's safety.
The Payload and Ground Systems division of Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineering Manager 2. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Integration and Support Group (ISG) has an immediate need for a Sub-Project Manager (SPM) in the Information Technology field. The manager must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal communication, and technical understanding of Linux, virtual machine, cloud and Windows technologies. You will work in a dynamic team environment, ensuring processes are defined and followed, delivery of quality products and technical advancements are researched and evaluated for implementation. The candidate must have the ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and mentor junior engineers.
- Supervise a team of about 10 System Engineers and Administrators, developing, designing and managing virtual and cloud environments
- Responsible for the performance of Windows and Linux System Engineers performing product identification, procurements, system builds, system administration, and maintaining equipment through its life cycle
- Directing team members to perform tasks for multiple classified and unclassified programs, setting priorities, ensuring schedules and budgets are understood and met
- Coordination and interfacing with vendors, IPTs, internal and external customers, CAMs, other SPMs, and program management
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience leading a team of engineers in development deliverables and processes
- Previous experience with Virtual and Cloud computing
- Previous experience with Linux Systems Administration and VMware
- Experience working in a IT service organization
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access or active SCI access
- Degree(s) in STEM discipline(s)
- Security+ or similar security certification
- Previous experience with Windows Systems Administration
- Five or more years of previous management experience as a Deputy SPM or Technical Lead
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in operational environments
- Linux, VMware or other certification
- Demonstrated Power Point chart development and briefing experience
- Successful building technical and engaged teams
- Previously adjudicated polygraph
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top