Systems Engineering Manager 2 - Operations Analysis
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Corporation (NGAS) is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 2 Operations Analysis. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California. The qualified applicant will lead the Survivability Operations Analysis team in research and development activities under Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (GSMS), Applied Research, and Advanced Design.
The Survivability Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and existing program/projects or other responsibilities (80% or more of time). Along with reporting into the GSMS, Applied Research and/or Advanced Design CRAD's and IRADS, the Section Manager is also a member of the Systems Survivability functional organization with responsibilities to perform resource planning and staffing; employee development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, performance appraisals and issue resolution. The Section Manager is also responsible for the deployment, measurement, and improvement of applicable engineering processes. The Section Manager reports directly to the Director of System Survivability.
Section will typically have on the order of 15-20 people and include personnel that range in grade from engineer 1 to 5.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
-BS degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in operations analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Previous experience mentoring engineers in the operational analysis and/or modeling and simulation of components and/or systems
- Previous experience working in the SAP/SAR environment
- Active DoD SECRET (or higher) clearance, within 4 years of last investigation
- MS degree in electrical/computer, aerospace, or mechanical engineering, or physics, or applied mathematics
- Experience leading software development for modeling and simulation
- Experience with leading the development ofmod/sim tools such as AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, RAGE, ESAMS
- Proficiency in and/or technical understanding of Northrop Grumman and government operational analysis models
- Experience working with DoD Customer counterparts, building confidence and customer intimacy with both warfighter end-users and acquisition professionals
- Previous experience leading projects in the SAP/SAR environment; strong project management and team development skills
- Existing program access to one or more current program areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication, mentoring, and interpersonal skills
- Active DoD TOP SECRET clearance, within 4 years of last investigation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top