Systems Engineering Manager 2 - Infrastructure IPT Lead
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what's possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don't know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation's safety.
Northrop Grumman is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineering Manager 2 - Infrastructure IPT Lead out of Redondo Beach, CA supporting our Payload and Ground System Division for Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP).
What You'll get to Do:
The Infrastructure IPT Lead is responsible for cost, schedule, and technical execution of tasks performed by the Infrastructure IPT in support of EPS CAPS and EPS-R CAPS programs. The EPS-R CAPS Infrastructure IPT Lead manages the engineering team of system administrators, cybersecurity systems engineers and configuration management analysts developing and implementing satellite payload command and control infrastructure for the EPS-R CAPS program. This includes computing resources, virtual machine architectures, networks, database and data storage, configuration management and cybersecurity.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the team managing planned software builds and ensures that deliverables meet standards, program milestones, and configuration is properly maintained
- Ensuring the successful implementation of change management processes through administration of review boards (SCCB and ERB)
- Lead CM team for virtualization effort
- Ensure that the project is prepared for and successfully passes all process audits and gate reviews
- Responsible for transforming the engineering process from Waterfall to Agile DevSecOps
As a successful employee, you will:
- Be an active and integral member of your team
- Channel your enthusiasm to innovate
- Be part of a supportive team that develops and deploys technologies that matter to our national security
- Work with agility, flexibility, and collaboration to explore creative ideas
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Education Assistance
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible schedules, like the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to travel 10%
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Previous management experience
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top