Systems Engineering Manager 2
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 2 in the Engineering organization for our Colorado Springs, CO location.
This is a dual-hat position responsible for both personnel management (~ 20% of time) for a multi-disciplined team of approximately 12 engineers and existing technical/program responsibilities (~80% of time, not addressed by this requisition).
This Section Manager position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) for Colorado Springs. The department provides systems engineering, integration, and test support to programs within the Payload and Ground Systems Division. Core capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); track correlation and discrimination; cyber; network communications and defense; and space weather systems.
What You'll get to Do:
- Technical contributor / leader in a program role
- Functional oversight for a team of systems engineers, integrators and testers of varied disciplines.
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; identification and training of employee skills required to successfully execute on programs; and execution of employee performance review processes.
- Recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
- Issue identification/reporting as well as status reporting up the Engineering and program chains.
- The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance.
- They will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
This position will be based in our Colorado Springs airport facility and the ability to travel to other local Colorado sites may be required.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline with 9 years of progressively responsible experience or 7 years' experience with Master's degree or 4 years' experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in systems engineering, integration, and test environments
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in multiple aspects of the systems engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing
- Active Secret security clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Current or ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Solid technical foundation in system engineering
- Experience with large scale, complex, hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of/experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) and Agile development
- Knowledge of/experience with cyber security requirements and processes
- Experience in activities related to analysis, modeling and simulation
- Experience leading in multi-contractor team environments
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top