Systems Engineering Manager 1
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 1 in the Engineering organization for our Colorado Springs, CO location.
This is a dual-hat position responsible for both personnel management (~ 20% of time) for a multi-disciplined team of approximately 12 engineers and existing technical/program responsibilities (~80% of time, not addressed by this requisition).
This Section Manager position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) for Colorado Springs. The department provides systems engineering, integration, and test support to programs within the Payload and Ground Systems Division. Core capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); track correlation and discrimination; cyber; network communications and defense; and space weather systems.
What You'll get to Do:
- Technical contributor / leader in a program role
- Functional oversight for a team of systems engineers, integrators and testers of varied disciplines.
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; identification and training of employee skills required to successfully execute on programs; and execution of employee performance review processes.
- Recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
- Issue identification/reporting as well as status reporting up the Engineering and program chains.
The ability to travel is required, but minimal travel is expected. This position will be based in Colorado Springs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Back to top