Systems Engineering Manager 1
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 1 i n the Engineering organization for our Colorado Springs, CO location.
This is a dual-hat position responsible for both personnel management (~ 20% of time) for a multi-disciplined team of approximately 12 engineers and existing technical/program responsibilities (~80% of time, not addressed by this requisition).
This Section Manager position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) for Colorado Springs. The department provides systems engineering, integration, and test support to programs within the Payload and Ground Systems Division. Core capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); track correlation and discrimination; cyber; network communications and defense; and space weather systems.
What You'll get to Do:
- Technical contributor / leader in a program role
- Functional oversight for a team of systems engineers, integrators and testers of varied disciplines.
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; identification and training of employee skills required to successfully execute on programs; and execution of employee performance review processes.
- Recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
- Issue identification/reporting as well as status reporting up the Engineering and program chains.
The ability to travel is required, but minimal travel is expected. This position will be based in Colorado Springs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of progressively responsible experience or 3+ years' experience with Master's degree, 0 years with PhD.
- Experience working in systems engineering, integration, and test environments
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in multiple aspects of the systems engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing
- Active Secret security clearance
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Current or ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Solid technical foundation in system engineering
- Experience with large scale, complex, hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of/experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) and Agile development
- Knowledge of/experience with cyber security requirements and processes
- Experience in activities related to analysis, modeling and simulation
- Experience leading in multi-contractor team environments
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Back to top