Systems Engineering and Design - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
We are seeking capable, talented, and motivated team-contributors at our Northrop Grumman Rolling Meadows site. Our products range from advanced sensing technologies to state-of-the-art targeting and tracking systems that are deployed in Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) and Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW) systems. These systems are designed, developed, built, integrated, and tested by the capable folks at our company to protect the lives of US and Allied warfighters in present and future conflicts. If you are interested in consideration to be included as a part of this team, we would invite you to apply.
In Systems Design, you will work as part of the team to fully define the requirements and design our EOIR, and RF systems. This will require you to not only learn and support the "ins-and-outs" of the systems, but also to be able to clearly articulate the systems in both documents and orally to key stakeholders on the programs. We expect that you will play a critical role during internal company reviews and customer review meetings such as Systems Requirement Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), and Critical Design Reviews (CDR).
- BS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 1 years related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
- Prior experience with DOORS or other requirements management/traceability tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required
- MS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 3 year(s) related experience required.
- Experience with real-time signal processing in both firmware and software
- Knowledge of C, C , CUDA, VHDL, OpenCL, SysML, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) concepts and tools (Rhapsody)
- Working knowledge of DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
- Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems evaluation
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas related to EOIR and/or RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, and detection and tracking
- Experience in development and management of cost accounts and schedules as related to Systems Engineering tasks
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Ability and willingness to travel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top