Systems Engineer-17-753 IAMD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination engineering process for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) as a member of the System Concepts and Requirement (SC&R) product team within the "National Team" System Engineering organization
- Provide technical oversight and management of requirements engineers tasked with the development and documentation of functional, performance, and interface concepts and requirements for Joint Messaging protocols (LINK-16, JVMF,etc) supporting capabilities for the Missile Defense Agency's Ballistic Missile Defense System (MDA BMDS) and Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) operations.
- Manage development of system/component trade studies and analysis in a model-based systems engineering environment.
- Responsible for development of change notices to the BMD system specification thru updates to requirements databases, architectural models, and interface definitions.
- Leads development of DoDAF compliant UML based design packages supporting definition, analysis, and architectures needed to document, allocate and trace BMD System and Element level requirements.
- Responsible for planning and progress reporting of requirements development tasks and coordination with organizational and technical working group leads, senior management and MDA counterparts.
- Individual will organize development and presentation of briefings within the team and to senior technical managers within the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting stakeholders.
- Basic Qualifications:
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Demonstrate experience in successfully leading multi-functional engineers/technicians in developing requirements for a complex system.
- Must demonstrate knowledge/expertise in Joint services message protocols (e.g., Link-16, JVMF, etc.).
- Conversant in either MDA BMDS or IAMD mission threads.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with horizontal integration skills.
- Develop solutions to a wide range of complex system-of-systems technical problems that require ingenuity, innovation and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
Experience leading teams in performing systems engineering and functional specification and interface specification development.
- Experience in mission threads and message protocols within a Missile Defense element such as Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Patriot, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Command Control Battle Management Communication (C2BMC).
- Demonstrated experience in IAMD or similar misison areas acceptable. Familiraity/Experience with DOORS or similar requirements engineering tool, and UML/SysML/DoDAF modeling with tools such as System Architect, Rhapsody, Magic Draw, etc. Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top