Systems Engineer (Windows) 2
Systems Engineer- Windows. The primary responsibility for this position is working with customer management, engineering, and operations resources to create and deliver enterprise Windows Engineering solutions.
Working under minimal supervision this position will work with a technical group on projects from reviewing requirements to ensure system compatibility for optimal system performance; collaborate with business users to gather requirements; perform current state system analysis; writing functional /technical specifications and high involvement in system engineer meetings and integration activities.
This role requires someone with proven experience implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel from different organizations with competing interests (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider).
Must have the ability to lead and work with a diverse IT infrastructure to include (storage/backup, platforms, middleware, and software and development, virtual infrastructure and developing adaptable and scalable designs to meet the current and future needs of the customer mission.
- Demonstrated 13 years hands-on in-depth experience and knowledge Windows server, Windows desktop, Active directory, group policy, etc with BS degree. 16 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Knowledge of the following infrastructure principals:
- Fault tolerance
- High availability
- Scalability and Capacity Planning
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying Windows baseline for physical and virtual machines
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to implement customer and system requirements; design a solution that meets the current requirements and is scalable to meet future mission needs
- Demonstrated hands on experience and knowledge of Windows platform (windows 2008 - r2, 2012-active directory, group policy, WSUS, SCOM, Outlook, etc
- Demonstrated hands on experience and knowledge implementing and configuring Blade servers, SMS/SCCM, WSUS, SCOM, VMware, vSphere, ESXi, DNS, VDI, Terminal server, DFS, etc
- Demonstrated hands on knowledge and experience understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including configurations with Network / Systems monitoring (SNMP, Nagios, Splunk, etc)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top