Systems Engineer - VMware / WIN Server (20-104)
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our C2BMC team as a Systems Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
We're looking for a systems engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of virtualization design, development, and testing methodologies; experience with VMware (vCenter), ESX servers, NetApp NAS/SAN, Windows servers and SQL servers. Specific technical skills required include: - A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols, network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience - Microsoft Windows server experience with multi-user applications - Redhat server experience with multi-user applications - VMware server installation, configuration, management performance monitoring and tuning of virtual machines ESXi servers - Virtual machine troubleshooting and performance issues - Experience creating VM deployment templates and automated deployments - Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts. - Through understanding of Network Attached Storage, specifically NetApp FAS series - Storage Area Network experience with high availability and performance for virtualization
- Candidate will be a S8.2 System Development Engineer responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing the S8.2 C2BMC network server systems
- Some travel may be required depending on the work to be performed
- Active Secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in the Computer Science field, or equivalent experience (i.e. EE, CIS, CPE, MIS, IT).
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA). Candidate will be responsible to maintain DoD 8570 certification for the full contract period.
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies such as VMware, vCenter, and cSphere
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects
- Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired
- DISA STIG and security audit experience
- Experience supporting systems in a DoD classified environment
- Candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark)
- Experience in authentication & encryption methods/cababilities (ACS, Active Directory, GEM-X) a plus
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top