Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal - Systems Operations
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal in Systems Operations to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating anomaly response team actions during real time contingency operations
- Providing support to leadership team
- Investigating anomaly root cause, formulating and proposing resolution initiatives, contributing to system anomaly response & operations concept changes, and providing ongoing system performance reporting
- Supporting initiatives for new operations concepts, designing systems improvements and enhancements, supporting project technical reviews, and supporting program working groups and customer interchanges.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 9+ years of experience in Systems Engineering OR
- Master's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 7+ years of experience in Systems Engineering OR
- PhD from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 4+ years of experience in Systems Engineering
- Candidate must have a completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government DoD SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings.
- Exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: space vehicle design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top