Systems Engineer Sr. Principal (Space/Satellite)
- Greenbelt, MD
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Greenbelt, MD.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide systems engineering support including developing operations concepts, requirements and system architectures for space borne scientific satellites and instruments.
- Develop system requirements and supports execution of a requirements management methodology.
- Conduct/support Requirement Working Groups in order to define requirements, allocate and derive requirements to lower elements and resolve requirements issues.
- Develop and define the verification methods and rationale corresponding to system requirements.
- Maintain the requirements database in the requirements management tool.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science and 9 years' experience OR Master's Degree and 7 years' experience
- Effective communication, documentation, and problem solving skills
- Systems engineering experience analyzing system requirements, developing functional performance requirements, and allocating those requirements to elements of the system architecture
- Experience with NASA policies and procedures regarding program/project management lifecycles and systems engineering.
- Knowledge of database tools, requirements management and system architecture tools
- Experience with space systems testing methodologies and test planning activities
- Risk Management Guidelines and Processes and Tools
Back to top