Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal - EMI/EMC
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for an EMI/EMC Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Candidate will support multiple space programs. Duties include the performance of electromagnetic effects analysis, including Electromagnetic Interference/Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC), Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), electrostatic discharge (ESD) and lightning review. Additional responsibilities include authoring of E3 program plans, E3 Analyses, E3 Test Plans and Procedures, and E3 Test Reports. Candidate will be expected to use extensive specialty area experience to independently lead all phases of E3 tasks along with defining all E3 program related tasks including product evaluation, meeting initiation, and implementation of all technical recommendations.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & - Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 9+ years of experience in electromagnetic effects analysis OR
- Master's degree from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 7+ years of experience in electromagnetic effects analysis OR
- PhD from an ABET accredited university in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 4+ years of experience in electromagnetic effects analysis
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Familiarity with electronic systems and circuits or mechanical systems is required.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-462 and MIL-STD-464 required.
- Computational Electromagnetic analysis experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate would possess a detailed knowledge of Spacecraft concepts and operations as well as knowledge of E3 simulation and modeling programs.
- The ability to express engineering findings orally and in written technical reports.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top