Systems Engineer / Principal Systems Engineer - Power or Control Systems
- Owings Mills, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience in Power Electronic Systems and/or embedded real-time Control Systems. This position will be located in Sykesville, MD in our Power/Control
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's high performing, Systems Engineering team in developing the military and commercial power conversion, distribution, and networked machinery control systems of the future. The qualified applicant will be exposed to all phases of the program life cycle from concept development through integration, test and
support. We offer a dynamic work environment providing the highest level of engineering, product design and system support for our nation's aircraft carriers and submarines, as well as other naval and ground based system platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing trade studies, generating systems engineering documents, reports and operational documentation.
- Developing requirements, system and sub-system specifications.
- Generating and presenting material to support internal and external customer briefings, and developing proposals.
- Familiarity with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and multimeters
- Developing and modifying test plans and procedures
- Supporting system integration and test activities
- Generation of verification artifacts supporting system Design Verification Testing and system Acceptance Testing
This position may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below:
Back to top