Systems Engineer / Principal Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as aSystems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineerbased out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The S2E2 team is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a background and interest in systems engineering, integration and test, and system analysis to support work on our SIBRS program. The positions will be involved with support tasking, requirements decomposition and verification, system analysis, and maintenance and issue tracking.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements and issues into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Organize and track subcontract efforts for upgrades, maintenance, and supportability.
- Perform functional analysis, requirements allocation, and trade studies to translate customer requirements into hardware specifications.
- Responsible for executing all Systems Engineering work scope to meet program requirements and objectives within defined scope, quality, time, and cost constraints.
- Travel is occasional to support technical reviews, meetings, and working groups.
- To Be Considered for a Systems Engineer Level: Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with 2 years of related industry experience or a Master's degree in a STEM field with 0 years industry experience
- To Be Considered for a Principal Systems Engineer Level: Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with 5 years of related industry experience or aMaster's degree in a STEM field with 3 years industry experience or aPhD in a STEM field with 0 years of experience.
- Willingness to handle and organize highly technical and challenging tasking
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate technical information effectively and clearly
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to support some travel
- Candidate must possess a current active DOD Secret security clearance or higher.
- Experience using systems engineering tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, etc.
- Knowledgeable of Missile Warning ground processing systems (SBIRS, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of OPIR mission processing concepts and architectures
- Experience with military mobile RF systems
- Experience with environmental testing associated with deployable military systems
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top