Systems Engineer/ Principal Systems Engineer
Are you a motivated self-starter who is interested in strong growth potential in a technically challenging environment?
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the equipment providers. Our expertise extends from designing and developing Software defined Radios, to integrating COTS equipment to achieve the optimal solution for our customers.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is seeking a Systems Engineer/ Principal Systems Engineerto join our qualified, diverse Engineering team. The successful candidate will have Systems Engineering and Systems thinking experience, formal engineering education in an element of RF communications (digital, analog, RF or network), and experience with COTS laboratory Test Equipment.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies
The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Engineering organization, in matrix with the Communications Business Unit, where our team of communications systems experts is developing next generation radios and networks for our armed forces.
This position will be located at our Rancho Bernardocampus in San Diego, California.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the requirements below.
This position may be filled as a Systems or Principal Systems Engineer.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications for a Systems Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and at least 2 years of engineering experience
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Systems Engineer: - Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and at least5 years of engineering experience
- An active DoD Secret to start
- Experience with requirements development and requirements management
- Model Based Systems Engineering (CAMEO)
- Systems Requirements Analysis (CAMEO, IBM DOORS)These Qualifications Would be Nice To Have:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top