Systems Engineer - OPIR Interface SME (17-121)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- OPIR Interface SME conducting interface definition and revision of ICD in addition to Subject Matter Expert support of the OPIR Sensor Interface.
- Attend OPIR working group meetings and support integration and test related efforts for the OPIR interfaces.
- May also be assigned requirements engineering, use case development, logical architecture modeling, as SE department tasking dictates.
- Successful candidate will support spiral leadership to assure artifacts and system assessment tasks required for SRR are completed when required.
This position will be located at the Lockheed Martin facility on Hwy 83, in Colorado Springs, CO.
- 9 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree in Science, Technical, Engineering, or Math disciplines, or 7 years with a Masters degree or 4 years with a PhD in the same disciplines
- Active Secret clearance and the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering skills in Interface Development and ICD maintenance.
- Significant experience with performing pre-PDR systems engineering for DoD Information Systems.
- Must be able to function as part of an experienced team in developing systems engineering products while adhering to the program ASEMP and other processes.
- Masters Degree desirable in an Engineering Discipline.
- Experience with team leadership and task tracking and issue resolution coordination is a significant plus.
- Desired skills include: requirements engineering, use case development, logical architecture modeling, MBSE, SysML, BMDS domain experience, RMF-based cyber security, and project planning utilizing MS Project and Earned Value Management techniques and tools. Each of these skills would be a significant plus.
- BMDS Overhead Persistent Infra-Red (OPIR) Sensor interface domain experience a plus.
- Specific interface experience with the BMDS OPIR Architecture (BOA) and Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) is a significant plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top