Systems Engineer - Link 16 Interface SME 17-130
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking a Systems Engineer - Link 16 Interface SME to be a member of the Colorado Springs Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization. Link-16 Interface SME will be responsible for conducting interface definition and revision of ICD in addition to Subject Matter Expert support of the Link-16 system interfaces. Link-16 Interface SME will attend Link 16 working group meetings and support development and integration and test related efforts for the Link 16 interfaces. Link-16 Interface SME may also be assigned requirements engineering, use case development, as SE department tasking dictates. Successful candidate will support spiral leadership to assure artifacts and system assessment tasks required for SRR are completed when required.
- Position requires active Secret clearance; must be eligible for Top Secret Clearance. Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering skills in Interface Development and ICD maintenance
- High Proficient with technical coordination and interaction with government customer and cross functional teams
- Understanding of network protocols and concepts
- Understanding of Link-16 concepts and architectures. Must have attention to detail and be a self-starter
- Significant experience with performing pre-PDR systems engineering for DoD Information Systems.
- Experience with BMDS Link-16 Interface (C2BMC, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot) domain experience (MIL-STD-6016
- Experience with Tactical Data Link (TDL) 16 Message Standard)
- Must be able to function as part of an experienced team in developing systems engineering products while adhering to the program System Engineering Management Plan and other processes
- High Proficiency in presentation skills
- Desired skills include: requirements engineering, use case development, and BMDS domain experience (C2BMC, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot). Each of these skills would be a significant plus
- Experience with BMDS Host Nation interfaces
- Experience with team leadership and task tracking and issue resolution coordination
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top