Systems Engineer - Integrated Avionics or Principal Systems Engineer - Integrated Avionics
- Woodland Hills, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Integrated Avionics Products team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer - Integrated Avionics or Principal Systems Engineer - Integrated Avionics based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Work in a dynamic, fast-paced Agile engineering development environment using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods and NoMagic Cameo, DOORS, Jenkins, and MatLab Simulink, analyzing and developing new capabilities and integrating new technologies into the USMC (United States Marine Corp) war fighters who fly and maintain the H-1 UH-1Y and AH-1Z configurations of Helicopters.
• You will work in our Systems Engineering organization on a small Agile Scrum Team / Integrated Product Team (IPT).
• You will use MBSE and NoMagic Cameo EA to develop models of new technologies and capabilities for the H-1 Helicopters.
• You will development and manage system requirements for the helicopter platform subsystems, suppliers, and Northrop Grumman developed Mission Computer subsystem.
• You will analyze and model Helicopter usage scenarios, On-board weapons systems, Pilot and crew environments and related Human factors, the impact of Mission Computer changes on buses, interfaces and capabilities of the other components of the integrated helicopter cockpit.
• You will be involved with developing and verifying system, interface, cyber, safety, reliability, maintainability and airworthiness requirements, and test planning, testing & integration, and validation activities.
• You will communicate with the USMC engineers and pilots to review, assess and clarify customer needs, and derive product hardware and software technical capabilities, function and features requirements.
• You will resolve problems to root cause and effect corrective actions.
• You will have regular communication with program leadership, and participate in meetings and technical presentations with customers.
• You will support technical reporting, planning, and cost and risk analysis assessments.
• Importantly, you will create long-term career development opportunities for yourself on other helicopter platforms including Future Vertical Lift (FVL), as well as for Northrop Grumman through developing your knowledge and skills in Integrated avionics, Helicopter platforms, and Systems Engineering, MBSE and Agile methods.
This position may be filled at higher level based on the following qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline with 2 years of experience working in a Systems, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Test and Integration, or other related engineering field; Master's Degree with 0 years of experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline with 5 years of experience working in a Systems, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Test and Integration, or other related engineering field; Master's Degree with 3 years of Systems Engineering, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Test and Integration, or other related engineering field.
• Experience deriving and developing system, software and/or hardware requirements using tools such as DOORS or equivalent.
• Experience developing system models using modeling methodologies including SysML, MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering), and MBE (Model Based Engineering).
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally domestically.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
• Degree in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
• Experience with Aircraft Avionics, Cockpits, Piloting, or Human factors.
• Master's degree is desired in technical discipline is a plus.
• US Army, Marines or USAF military service background is a plus.
• An active Secret or Interim DoD security clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top