At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to provide join to our systems engineering homeroom team in our Promontory and Bacchus Utah offices. This individual will work with internal and external customers to develop propulsion system requirements, provide leadership through product lifecycle phases including product certification and develop/manage risk assessments.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for development of requirements, verification planning and change integration for our major systems. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing new systems and system upgrades by managing requirements and integrated changes in a disciplined, broad reaching process, to ensure our propulsion systems perform to specification and satisfy every customer need. Within Propulsion Systems, systems engineering is a gateway to many other opportunities with in propulsion systems and could include project engineering, design engineering and also senior systems engineering. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and lead Systems Engineering projects and tasks as part of a team
- Coordinate Systems Engineering activities with program management, project leads and engineers, and functional management
- Interface with internal and external customers for Systems Engineering activities, generate and present material for briefings, and developing proposals
- Develop and update performance and detail specifications, requirements traceability, verification cross reference matrix, and verification traceability in systems engineering tools while working closely with internal and external customers
- Generate and update verification artifacts supporting system design verification
- Lead and coordinate preparation, conduct, and closeout for SRR, PDR, CDR, Design Certification and other formal program reviews
- Attend and participate in technical and peer reviews as independent reviewer
Ideal candidates will support multiple projects. Your work will vary from day and you need to be comfortable juggling multiple tasks in support of different objectives. The ability to prioritize and be agile is a must as we flex to meet client needs. An individual with good judgment and initiative will do well at this facility as there is lots of opportunity for career growth.
- Analyze the needs of the system and translate into verifiable performance and design requirements
- Evaluate all customer requirements and flow down in specifications and determine implementation approach
- Determine verification methodology and approach for each requirement
- Use a requirements management database to document requirements applicable to the system
- Evaluate results of verification processes and validate results against system requirements
- Integrate customer directed changes into the system and facilitate implementation of changes within a change management system
- Coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders, including customers, all things related to requirements, implementation of requirements and verification, and resolution of problems and issues
* Strong knowledge of engineering disciplines, technical problem solving and risk management.
* Strong skills in building and leading diverse teams to meet established deadlines and budgets with a technically acceptable product.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Systems Engineering, project engineering or in Integration Design or a relevant field, preferably in a government contractor environment
- Demonstrated experience in many aspects of design development processes including requirements management, design, analysis, testing and integration
- Ability to travel (if applicable): Travel expectation of 10%
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance.
- Requires BS in Engineering & 5 years or Masters in Engineering & 3 years or PhD.
- Knowledgeable of aerospace/propulsion products.
- Knowledge of systems engineering tools. Example, DOORS, CAMEO, TCSEA knowledge of Model Based Engineering (MBE)/ Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Certification as a systems engineer is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top