Systems Engineer - Deployment Team Lead
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer- Deployment Team Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support development of IT system installation packages containing install requirements and assumptions, planning schedules and task prerequisites, drawings of equipment rack and cable plant, and labor, material, and ODC cost estimates.
- Work closely with vendors/subcontractors within project team to prepare cost estimate packages and coordinate installation efforts.
- Develop presentation material and system documentation necessary for customer meetings, to include updates to project install processes, workflow artifacts, and system specifications to be fulfilled by program or customer resources.
- Maintain weekly status reporting for new system requests and report outstanding issues for projects in delivery queue.
- Provide ancillary support for system service tickets and provide project status reports.
- US Citizenship and a current active DoD Top Secret Clearance to include being SCI eligible as required. In addition, individual must be able to pass a DHS background (EOD) investigation and maintain the proper clearance for continued employment.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and 5 years of IT experience.
- 3 years experience developing and managing technical scope of services from vendor/subcontractor to include acceptance testing and quality control criteria for IT system installation.
- 3 years experience developing technical cost estimates, and review of technical design drawings for install of classified IT systems.
. Must have in depth working experience with MS Office applications; specifically MS Project and MS Excel in order to track and calculate multi-year planning requirements for technology refresh of aging hardware.
- Experience using MS Visio to prepare IT system diagrams, using MS Project to detail project Gant charts, and using MS Office Excel to prepare material cost estimates.
- Working knowledge of DoD physical security control requirements of OSS/SCI facilities to support installation of classified IT networks.
- Able to articulate technical issues and project plans to resolve critical problems.
- Able to multi-task and successfully complete many short- and long-term projects concurrently.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with other staff members.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering.
- Project Management Institute certification Project management Professional PMP®.
- Experience working the Department of Homeland Security for install of classified network system.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top