Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Service Program. This program provides USPS Information Technology with professional, technical and support services to support the application development, database production support, help desk administration, LAN administration and various requirements for distributed technical support throughout the USPS enterprise. This position will be located in Merrifield VA.
- Provide input to Designs and system architectures, and define key capabilities and performance requirements.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk analysis and supportability and effectiveness analyses
- Review designs and refine system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems.
- Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
- May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
- Guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies.
- Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- May perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- 6 years of experience and a Bachelor's Degree, OR 4 years of experience and a Master's Degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (US Citizenship or Green Card status required) Must not have travelled outside of the US for a combined period of 6 months (or longer) within the last 5 years ; and must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- 3 years experience converting customer or product requirements into a solution.
- Ability to develop creative and ingenious solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experience testing solutions to ensure requirements have been met and verifies expected performance.
- Experience analyzing all levels of the system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Experience preparing system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design.
- Be able to represent the organization as the prime technical contact on projects. Interacting with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Must be able to follow through when given a routine task and make the task their own
- Must have good oral and written skills
- Must be able to be flexible and work on multiple tasks
- Position is based in Merrifield, and does not offer relocation assistance
- Previous experience with USPS Software applications
- Experience designing, developing, building, analyzing, evaluating and installing database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Experience Using data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top