Systems Engineer - Cyber/System Security
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an exceptionally qualified and proven cyber/system security systems engineer to join our System Security Engineering team. The candidate must be capable of leading technical efforts in support of program cyber and system security execution across various IPTs and for a geographically dispersed team.
Role and Responsibilities:
Candidate will perform system security engineering activities supporting all phases of systems development in the areas of Cybersecurity / Information Assurance (IA) / system security engineering, and security assessment and authorization (A&A) as per RMF (Risk Management Framework) for multiple programs and R&D activities at the Redondo Beach, CA and El Segundo, CA locations for embedded and large-scale distributed DoD space, avionics, computer, and communication systems.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Support definition of system security requirements, architecture, design, development, evaluation, certification, and accreditation for embedded and large-scale, distributed DoD space, avionics, computer, and communications systems.
- Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in security architectures.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a team player. Strong writing and oral presentation skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports.
- Present information in a positive manner to management.
- Work on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to programs.
Candidates to have specific domain expertise in System Security Engineering (SSE) / Information Assurance (IA)/ yber Security; experience providing life-cycle support of Information Assurance (IA) and Anti-Tamper (AT) for requirements, architecture, design, implementation, secure software practices, validation and testing, and Certification & Accreditation (C&A); applying system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the security posture; and evaluating different network and enclave configurations with respect to the D0DI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditation packages; and write RMF-based policies and procedures, and develop sound IA/ Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Must be able to execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, prepare coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
- Bachelor degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from anaccredited universityand 2+ years of Systems Security or Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an accredited university
- Active DoD Top Secret and/or SCI, In scope
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses
- Certification in one of the following: DoDI 8570 (CISSP), GSE, SCNA, GSLC, CISM.
- Strong systems engineering knowledge of military/intelligence systems.
- Experience developing system security engineering products including development of CONOPS, Cybersecurity, IA requirements, and IA test plans/procedures.
- Experience in the development, monitoring, and enforcement of Cyber/IA procedures and processes for classified information processing systems, to include implementation of system auditing.
- Experience developing security documentation in support of system security A&A (IATT/ATO) and compliance, including RMF, DoDI 8500.2, NIST SP 800-53.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, such as Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
- Experience with networking, firewalls, intrusion detection, and penetration testing.
- Experience with HAIPE and/or NSA Type 1 crypto/key management development and integration.
- Experience with system architecture modeling, DODAF, UML, SysML, and use case development.
- Experience in key management for COTS/GOTS cryptographic units embedded in large systems.
Back to top