At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization has multiple openings for qualified applicants in the area of Systems Engineering.
The Systems Engineer develops and defines the system-level design concepts that meet the mission needs of our Customers. Systems Engineers work with all engineering disciplines needed to develop system requirements and architectures and establish systems capabilities and operational concepts. Project roles span all phases of product development cycle, from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs delivering integrated hardware and software systems.
Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirement definition and allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test.
Systems Engineers support all levels of requirements development and verification. Activities include:
- Specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, functional flow, timing, and interface integration development
- Decomposition of high level requirements and their allocation to subsystems, hardware and software configuration items
- Requirements management and configuration control using modern database tools to manage configuration and traceability, and interface with modeling tools to verify system configuration and operation.
Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in multiple engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical, RF, control systems, data systems. Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution
- 1-6 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience working on the development, flow, decomposition of requirements
- Experience using DOORS
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top