- Plainview, NY
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Systems Engineer for work involving Aircraft Structural Integrity Program sustainment of the A-10 aircraft. The A-10 is a 1970s era aging aircraft scheduled to remain in the active inventory until at least 2030. Work will entail responding to particular aircraft and engineering issues as they arise, such as engineering interpretation, modification history, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field and two plus years of experience.
- Experience with engineering design and/or analysis software such as NX, NX FEM simulation, StressCheck, AFGROW, etc.
- Experience reading and interpreting legacy 2D engineering design documentation
- Knowledge of aircraft repair fabrication and technology/philosophy/methods
- Knowledge of Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (MIL-STD-1530D) requirements and methods
- Knowledge of Aging Aircraft sustainment
- Knowledge of the A-10 drawing and change management systems
- Knowledge of A-10 post-production modifications
Back to top