Systems Engineer 6
Defining the future through innovation and excellence, join our Northrop Grumman Airborne C4ISR Division team in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business. We are committed to developing net-centric systems and infrastructures that connect disparate systems. Our interoperable operational, simulation, and test systems bring the enterprise to the warfighter using tactical networked communications for data, voice, multimedia, and information management.
The Avionics and Tactical Networks OU in San Diego is seeking a Product Line Manager to serve as the leader for maturing the technology solutions for the operating unit. The Product Line Manager will provide overall direction, guidance, and recommended solutions of ATN products to effectively support the business strategy while maintaining a cohesive set of base technology to be leveraged across multiple products.
The candidate is expected to have a broad technical background and a proven record of success leading both small, and large, multi-disciplined engineering teams in the development and implementation of military communications systems.
The product line manager will be dotted line to the ATN OU director and will be responsible for working with customers and Senior Management to define product line technical roadmaps and propose solutions to meet the needs of the warfighter. The Product Line Manager will perpetuate execution of the technical roadmaps by working with multiple business area leads to drive existing product development while leading a cross functional research and development team to develop new products and technologies to meet emerging customer needs and remain competitive in the marketplace. The candidate will organize project engineering staff as required, tracking progress through regular staff meetings, and report status to Department and Senior Management. Direct interface with existing and potential customers is expected as well as collaboration with other Northrop Grumman Operating Units, Business Units, and Divisions.
The selected person must be an effective communicator, both verbally and with the necessary written skills to interface with high level government customers, as well as demonstrated experience in preparing concept papers, proposals, briefings, test reports, progress reports & cost estimates. The candidate must be able to plan, estimate, organize, integrate & manage technical activities across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively communicate & motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies & cultures.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Strong understanding and experience with architecting and designing software defined radio products to support military communications including experience in systems engineering, software, hardware, and RF engineering
- Technical background with a breadth of experience on all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on Physical, Data Link, and Network layers
- Technical experience in the integration of complex, multichannel communication systems
- Technical experience in Multilevel Security and MILS architectures
- Technical leadership skills for developing complete system end to end system design solutions and mission effectiveness. Experienced in assuring communications systems satisfy USG Concept of operations (CONOPS)
- Presentation skills to effectively provide status to internal executive management and customers
- Strong focus on affordability to drive interaction with functional management to improve process efficiencies across engineering
- MS in applicable engineering degree, 20 yrs experience with Masters; 15 yrs with PhD.
- Minimum of TOP SECRET Clearance required
- Familiarity and experience with F-35 and F-22 Communications, Navigation, and Identification (CNI) System and capabilities including Multifunction Advanced Data Link (MADL), Link16, IFDL, HaveQuick, SINCGARS, IFFT, IFFI, TACAN, JPALS, ILS, VULOS, BLOS, and FMV
- Familiarity and experience with JCREW Counter IED and Counter UAS systems
- Familiarity and experience with Army tactical networks including SRW, WNW, and MUOS.
- Selected candidate should have experience with the validation and deployment of mission system functionality
- Ability to serve as the functional manager for program Integrated Product Team leads and senior engineering staff
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top